Hi, my name is Anastasie. I live in Berlin and Bonn, both in Germany. Nice to meet you!
This site is meant to be a brief introduction to myself, as well as to things I find interesting.
Some things about me
- I'm a software developer by trade (I'm currently not for hire).
- I hike a lot, preferably 15km+, at least once a week.
- I use she/her pronouns (they/them is fine, too).
- I've been working on open source software for way too long.
- I use multiple names for myself! It's fun and definitely not confusing.
- Outside of work, I'm using a lot of Rust, Elixir and Erlang.
- I switch regularly between Emacs and VSCode as my editor.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of things I've done or contributed to:
- Rust (the language) — I've lead a couple of teams and created a bunch of learning materials.
- Rustlings — An official learning course for Rust. I'm a co-author and lead maintainer.
- Fernehalwes — A website to plan events in Final Fantasy XIV.
- shtola — A funny little static site generator. Used for this website.
- In the past, I contributed to and/or lead Jekyll and Node.js.
- I'm also an avid event organizer. Past events include JSConf EU, CSSconf EU, Rust Berlin and Nodeschool Berlin.
How to reach me
The most reliable way is, as it should be, email. My primary email address
mokou at fastmail dot com.
- I'm also on GitHub, albeit only for work and open-source purposes.
I hang around a lot on IRC, my nick is usually mokou. The networks
I'm on are:
- tilde.chat, find me in #meta or #institute.
- Libera.chat (where my nick is kaenbyou), I'm pretty selective about channels there, but usually you can find me in #couchdb.
- I also host my own IRC network for friends and for learning the protocol, but I'm not going to put that on my website.